Employees who want to link their UAN number with Aadhar can do it with the help of the Employee Provident fund Organization. They provide the opportunity to employees to do this linking process in two ways. One is online and another one is offline. It is very easy and you will get complete information about the linking process.
Now Employees across India who have pf account can manage their accounts online. EPFO has a website and you can do it by visiting that website or using the UMANG application. If you are not able to do this, then directly go to the EPFO Office.
Step by step process of Linking Aadhar With EPF Account Online
- Visit EPFO Official website- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- After visiting the website, login by using your username and password
- Click the KYC Option, You can see this option under Manage Section
- A new page will open and there you have to option to link Aadhar with EPF Account
- Enter your aadhar and pan details under KYC Tab
- Under KYC Tab, you will see the information about your aadhar once it is approved.
Step by step process of Linking Aadhar With EPF Account Offline
Employees can link Aadhar with EPF Account by visiting EPFO Office instead of online. Here are the steps need to follow after visiting the EPFO office.
- Fill your aadhar, pan, UAN, and other details in the application form
- Attach the documents like pan,aadhar, etc along with the application and submit them to the EPFO Officer.
- Official Persons from EPFO verify and link your Aadhar with EPF Account
- You will get a message on your mobile after the successful verification and linking.
Step by step process of Linking Aadhar With EPF Account Through UMANG App
- Download UMANG App and register with your mobile number
- Set MPIN for Login Purpose
- After Login into the app, select EPFO Option under the All services Tab
- Click e-KYC Services – choose Aadhar Seeding Option
- Enter UAN Number and verify it with OTP that comes to your registered mobile number.
- Now Enter Aadhar Number and verify it OTP that comes to your number
- Aadhar linking with UAN will be successful after the verification.
Advantages of linking Aadhaar number to your EPF account
The following are some of the advantages of linking your Aadhaar number to your EPF account
- Due to linking Aadhaar with your EPF and UAN, there are no data mistakes or conflicts because your information is accurate with your Aadhaar card details.
- When you link your Aadhaar number to your EPF account, you reduce the chance of having two accounts.
- You can withdrawal your PF online without your employer’s approval. The entire process can be conducted in the comfort of your own home.